Thursday, December 27, 2007

Saudi Arabia 100 Riyal 2007

My sister just came back from her haj and I asked her to keep for me all the Saudi Riyals which are new this year. This is the 100 Riyal of the 2007 series. I was expecting a photo of the Kaabah in Mekah but this is Prophet's mosque in Medina. I am assuming that there is a 500 Riyal which will have the photo of the Kaabah.

Incidentally, the 50 Riyal note has the Masjidil Aqsa Mosque of Jerusalem which is not a Saudi but obviously very Islamic - one of the three holy mosques of the Muslim World. The 5 Riyal note is very economic - oil fields but I was not sure what the 10 Riyal note is supposed to exemplify. The reverse of the 100 Riyal note is as follows:-

2 comments:

kai said...

Very nice note. Wish I can get a set for my collection :-D

BRUNEI resources said...

Unfortunately these are the only ones I have. No spares. If I have, I would definitely spare you.