Wednesday, August 15, 2007

ASEAN Stamp - ASEAN Architecture 2007


The above is an interesting set of stamps supposed to be issued by all ASEAN countries at the same time to commemorate the 40th Anniversary of ASEAN. The stamps showed the various architecture in various ASEAN countries. Brunei's is the Secretariat Building which I am not sure is really reflective of Brunei's architecture but that's not for me to comment.

However, so far I have only seen the Vietnamese stamps, I have not seen any of the other countries' stamps. I know in Brunei, the postal authorities have not got the green light to release it yet. I don't know what happened to the other ASEAN countries.

4 comments:

Lotus said...

Until today 8 ASEAN member countries released the joint stamp issue on the topic "Architecture". They are Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam. Brunei and Myanmar have not released this issue yet.

Rozan Yunos said...

Thank you Lotus. I have bought the Malaysian one and I will try to buy the others as well.

Don Balya said...

Tabik! I was wondering if Brunei had opted out of this issue. If they do release it, would anyone be able to get me two sets and two souvenir sheets? Saya tidak dapat mendapatnya disini (Amerika Syarikat). Don Balya Bridgeville Pennsylvania, U.S.A.

Gulfmann Collection said...

Please see my ASEAN'40 stamps
collections,
http://gulfmanncollection.blogspot.com/search/label/ASEAN%2040